KOTBP Rules of Conduct
KOTBP PIRATES CODE
(By-laws and Rules of Conduct)
1) Must be over 21, except Children’s Parade.
2) To participate in the Gasparilla Parade of Pirates (Main Day Parade), YOU must be a member. NO substitutions for any parade.
3) Out of town/country members are subject to reduced dues.
4) Members must do at least two (2) hours of volunteer work for the Krewe.
5) All members must participate in at least one (1) charity/krewe event per year. A donation will count as service.
6) Everyone MUST be dressed in garb, i.e., pirate, wench, gypsy, renaissance and etc. with no excessive skin showing. No blue jeans and t-shirts.
7) ABSOLUTELY NO stamping, stickers, lick-on tattoos or inappropriate contact. Keep your hand to yourself!!!
8) Drunk and disorderly conduct will not be tolerated. If you are at any krewe event, ours or others, parades, meeting, charity events etc., you represent our Krewe and the parade/event hosts. Be responsible!!!
9) For the Day Parade, krewe ID patches MUST be worn and visible to the public. No exceptions per parade organizers.
10) Respect each other and always be helpful. Pay close attention to any security personnel, parade marshalls, police, or any officials and our DJ.
11) When walking any parade, you MUST keep up with the float at all times.
12) Beads are your own responsibility.
13) All applications and waivers must be signed agreeing to all these rules and by-laws.
14) Dues/Hold my spot can be paid after application approval.
15) Sunglasses are not to be worn in “Krewe” photos.
16) Have fun and be safe!!!
MEMBERSHIP IS NOT A RIGHT, IT’S A PRIVILEGE!!!
I agree to abide by the KOTBP bylaws
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY FORM
I agree to the waiver
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED with the Krewe of the Black Pearl, Inc.,
a Florida not for profit corporation, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or
carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned,
maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in this activity, and have not been advised to not
participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my
participation in this activity.
I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form will be used by all event holders, sponsors, and organizers of
the activity in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this activity, I hereby take action for myself, my executors,
administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
(a) I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the
negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage,
property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this activity,
the following entities or persons: The Krewe of the Black Pearl, Inc. and/or its directors, officers, employees, volunteers,
representatives, and agents, and the activity holders, sponsors, and volunteers;
(b) INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from
any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity, whether caused by the negligence of
release or otherwise.
I acknowledge that the Krewe of the Black Pearl, Inc. and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives, and agents are NOT
responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific activity on their behalf.
I acknowledge that this activity may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death,
serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather,
condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including, but not limited to,
participants, volunteers, monitors, and/or producers of the activity. These risks are not only inherent to participants, but are also
present for volunteers.
I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during
I understand while participating in this activity, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used
for any legitimate purpose by the activity holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns.
The Accident Waiver and Release of Liability Form shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent
permissible under applicable law.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT, ALL BY-LAWS AND RULES OF CONDUCT BY THE KOTBP. I FULLY UNDERSTAND AND
AGREE TO THEIR CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT, AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN